The Forgotten Ballads

 


There are songs that remind us of friends, loved ones, and the impossible to love, yet we darkly do. 

The latter enlarge lumps in our throats as the melody sways and we bite our bottom lips, making believe the memory is nonexistent. 

We sing our hearts for everyone else, recalling their hairdos, their cars, and words of affection. 

Sometimes we say, this song belongs to my beloved.

But we speak only to those of approval; not from the past that will toss the song out of tune.

Not the ones who would give a turn of an eye, a click of a tongue, a snap of a word,

Really. Still. God.

We keep the unloved hidden.

They are a secret that says, no one’s business to hear.


Photo via T. Gillmore




The Next World of AI

“Do you think one box will be enough?” Hubby asked me as we finished the dishes. I try not to roll my eyes, but half the time I wonder how...