The Next World of AI



“Do you think one box will be enough?” Hubby asked me as we finished the dishes.

I try not to roll my eyes, but half the time I wonder how he measured things. You can’t blame the metric system.

“No honey,” I said. “Our memories are larger than one box. We have to make sure the company has everything. Do you really want to forget about your childhood? Forget college?”

“Hmm,” he answered. “Forget our marriage?” he laughed, brightening his face.

“Oh, that’s not going to happen.” I playfully waved my fist. “I made sure the company had those packed in our positronic brains ahead of time.”

“You’re still my best decision I’ve ever made.” Hubby lifted me up like he had when we were young.

“Don’t,” I yelled. “You’ll get hurt!”

He slowly set me down. “So what, it won’t matter by next week. We’ll be pain free, and we’ll travel again. Just think, we’ll get to see the moon. I wonder if they have pickleball?”

“Well, you won’t get to know if you don’t finish packing.”

We sat down on our comfy recliners and placed the headsets on our heads to pack more memories, the little Memory Boxes.

I’m excited and I wondered what we’ll be able to see once we’re on the ship. I picked the pink Droid with golden rings on its temple hubby picked blue but with the same golden rings. We’re together in human form and machine. Soon, we’ll see the Moon and then Mars.

“Yep, you’re right.” Hubby grunted. “I’m on box nine. My pickleball days filled five.”

This time, I rolled my eyes.


The Next World of AI

“Do you think one box will be enough?” Hubby asked me as we finished the dishes. I try not to roll my eyes, but half the time I wonder how...